LIZ EARLE COLOUR LINE



So we all know Liz Earle and her world famous cleanser, Cleanse & Polish... but did you know she had a whole range of amazing makeup products? If you want to find out more, keep on reading!

Within the 'Colour' line, she offers a range of Tinted Moisturisers, Foundations, Concealers, Powders, Bronzers and Blushes and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a bit of everything.

Sheer Skin Tint SPF 15 40ml £22.25 3 Shades



I have read about this product for years. It's always in magazines, winning awards and I've been dying to find out what the major hype was about. After the first time I used it, I understood why it was award winning.

If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know why I love tinted moisturisers. I'm obsessed with having dewy skin that looks healthy at all times, but for nights out I prefer to wear something with a fuller coverage. So when it comes to sheer foundations and tinted moisturisers,  I'm all over them.

I got two colours sent to me, 1 and 2. I would normally wear the lightest colour but I thought with Summer almost upon us I would try and go a little bit warmer and it worked perfectly. It gave a small amount of colour and warmth, and a radiant glow that looked completely natural. The product comes in a 40ml squeeze tube, which will be great for travel. The consistency is thick, but lightweight on the skin. Coverage is next to nothing but nothing a bit of concealer won't fix.

I'm looking forward to using this product in the Summer months, but mostly when I'm on holiday. I think it's lovely, and very unique compared to other Tinted Moisturisers I have.


Radiant Glow Bronzer, Healthy Glow Cream & Powder Blushes.



When I saw that there was a bronzer, I couldn't get it open quick enough. I love bronzers. They make such a difference to your skin, whether it's used by itself to add warmth or to contour with. This Radiant Glow Bronzer, £19.50 is good because it has a a mixture of tones and each section has a different finish, so when swirled together it just makes a really nice, natural tanned look. I also got to try the Healthy Glow Cream Blush, £16.50. This blush is great because it just gives a natural, radiant flush. It glides onto the skin so easily and leaves a dewy glow to the skin. It has a range of five shades to suit your skin tone. Also in the line they have the Healthy Glow Powder Blush, £16.50. Getting the theme of having a healthy glow yet?

Bronzer, powder blush & cream blush. With flash.
Without flash. 
I think when it comes to the blushes it mostly just comes down to personal preference whether you opt for a cream or a powder. I would personally choose the cream because, to my mind, it leaves a nicer finish than the powder. The other great thing about all three cheek products is the packaging. Slim and sleek compacts, perfect for taking out for touch ups or for travelling. 


Light Reflecting Concealer, £15.50


Personally light reflecting concealers aren't my thing. This one was nice; it was really easy to blend but I was sent the wrong shade (too dark for my complexion), so I didn't really see the difference under my eyes. So instead of using it as an under eye brightener I used it for highlighting my cheekbones, bridge of the nose and the cupids' bow. I actually liked how it worked as a subtle highlighter but from what I've heard online through other bloggers and reading reviews it's very popular for correcting and brightening dark tones under the eyes. The packaging is really handy; it's lightweight and slim and easy to carry around for when you need a quick touch-up. It's available in 3 different shades. 


Lash Definiton Smudge Proof Mascara, £14.50



This mascara is the Marmite of the beauty industry. You'll either love it or hate it. As you can tell from my photo it's really lengthening, and gives a really 'open eye' effect which I personally like. I got my mum to try it out and she wasn't impressed at first. She felt it didn't have staying power. However, she gave it another go and now I have had to wrestle it back off her!

If you're after a new mascara, I would suggest you visit a Liz Earle counter and getting one of the advisors to try some out on you before you buy, so you can tell if you like it or not.

The nice thing about the black shade is that it's super dark and black and it's also available in brown!


Powder Brush, £20 & Foundation Brush, £18



Two brushes I think everyone should own, a foundation and a powder brush. I really don't like applying liquid foundation with the traditional flat paddle brushes because I find it applies too much and makes foundation look thicker and gives a cakey finish. What I love them for is applying things like cream highlighters and under eye concealers. When I saw Liz's foundation brush I didn't think I was going to love it as much as I did. I have been using a Chantecaille foundation brush, which is at least three years old and I'm happy to say I have now replaced it with this new one.   

Both of the brushes are made from synthetic hairs and they feel super soft. Liz Earle also has lots of other brushes in the range if you'd like to check them out. I really think they're worth it! 


If you're going to buy anything from the range I 100% recommend you try out my top picks which are the Skin Tint, Radiant Bronzer, Cream Blush and the Foundation Brush. I really loved reviewing all these products; everything in the range is so clean and feels so natural, not only did my skin look great but I felt it too. 

If there are any other brands or cult products you'd like me to review, feel free to drop me a Tweet or leave a comment on my Instagram or under this post.

Jack x










makeupbyjack

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MakeupByJack©. Powered by Blogger.