Are the byTerry Ombre Blackstar's worth the hype?


When everyone online is raving about a certain brand or product, it's almost impossible not to go and check it out. byTerry is a brand that I never really bothered with, until I started working at Space NK. I was able to play around with the products and get samples for myself to try at home. They have incredible skincare and a lovely range of makeup and I actually never realised how popular the brand was, especially with the everyday woman.

Everything from the brand is worth checking out, especially their Cellularose skincare range which is what I'm using at the moment, and their famous Ombre Blackstar's which has have been made super popular by bloggers such as Lily Pebbles and Sam & Nic Chapman.


I wanted to break down these shadows as easiest as I could because at £29 each, they aren't cheap.
First of all the colour range is gorgeous, from rich golds to deep, shimmery blacks and everything in between, so there's bound to be one for you. For weeks I was eyeing these up in store, and the more amount of women who bought them, I wanted some even more. I wanted to play it safe and go with colours I would be able to use for my kit, mostly 'bridal' type colours was what I was after and if I really liked them I could get a few more.


I went with shades: 6 Frozen Quartz, a golden pink wash with slight silver shimmer, 13 Brown Perfection, a mid tone brown, somewhere in between a warm and cool tone colour and 15 Ombre Mercure, a cool toned, green/silver with a grey metallic shimmer.



In the two photos above, I wanted to show how they first apply, and then what they look like once they're blended out. You get a crazy amount of pigment, there's no doubt about that. The thing I do love most about these, is how controllable they are whenever you first apply, once applied you have a good 30 seconds play time before they set. This allows you to put eyeshadows on top of them, or for example, apply a lighter colour over the lid and a darker across the lash line and smudge them together to get a beautiful ombre look. 

These eyeshadows are perfect for people with oily lids, because once they set, they don't move. I applied the swatch photos at 2pm for the purpose of the blog post, and the picture below was at 8pm and they look the exact same, after 6 hours. I not only used makeup wipes, but I washed my hands with soap and they still wouldn't budge. 


So my honest opinion is that yes, these are absolutely gorgeous. And really worth the price tag if you are after some pretty shadows with unique finishes and colours. But if £29 is out of your price range, do Rimmel and Loreal make beautiful cream shadows too, absolutely. So it's completely up to you, but if it's in your budget, go for it! 

Hope you enjoyed this post and if you want me to review anymore highend products, let me know on Twitter or Insta!

Jack x 

makeupbyjack

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MakeupByJack©. Powered by Blogger.